9/4/07

life...


Isn't it funny how fast life can change? I look to songs sometimes to help me through situations. Yes, they are mostly country songs but that is why I love country music; there is a song for EVERYTHING. One song that I have listened to a lot is "Startin' with Me" by Jake Owen. The song doesn't fit my situations perfectly but I definetely know how he feels. Another song that has been helping me is "Measure of a Man" by Jack Ingrahm. When I saw him live he started the song by saying how him and his father never had a good relationship. Well, my father and I have a great relationship, and my real dad and I are starting to come along as well, but this is still a good song.
Through all of these things that happen to me, there is an upside: song writing. I have written a lot of stuff lately and I would like to share one of them with you. Enjoy.

Sanctified

(Verse 1)
So here you are at my doorstep this morning
Cryin’ cause you made a mistake.
You played with that line and you got burned just hopin’
It could be for love’s sake

(Verse 2)
Well I’ve had my share of sin and I know
It can really set you back
But its gonna take a whole lot more that what you can do,
To get you back on track.

(Chorus)
So when you feel like the devil’s more than taken his toll
And you’re worried about the price and the fate of you soul
Pick yourself up and look to the word in the sky
And know that the one who put you here ain’t gonna leave you to die…
Sanctified

(Verse 3)
Now I’m not saying that you’re never gonna lose a fight
But the price has been paid we’ve all been cleaned in His sight.
What doesn’t kill ya only makes you stringer more,
We all may lose some battles son,
But He’s already won the war.

4 comments:

Amie said...

life..a complicated subject for which i have not seem to figure out but i dig your song a.so. im sure that its even better with music!

Anonymous said...

Good song Anthony. Did we hear that one the other night, didn't seem like it? You do seem to enjoy yourself in that garage though, I think Alyssa did too, she likes singing more than she would ever admit. Life is crazy and remember how important real FRIENDS can be during those crazy times!
P.S. and yes country music does hit the spot know matter what is going on in your life but thanks to you some songs are getting harder & harder to listen to.

martha said...

AJ great song. Tim and I are looking forward to hearing you play at the end of the month. You are a talented writer. Life is complicated but god uses situations to prune and shape us into the people he knows we can be. He never lets us down.... Keep your eyes focused up and he will not let you down.

Anonymous said...

Country music really does move people in so many ways. Its one of the only genres of music that truly tells a story through the lyrics. as does the song you've written. Well done. This line in particular, "We all may lose some battles son,But He’s already won the war." really hits me. You have talent, a God-given gift. Never let it go to waste.