9/24/07

I Should Be...


I really should be etiher studying or sleeping instead of posting on this blog. Sorry it has been so long since my last. Life is nuts right now and I really am just trying to hold on.
It is five days until our show and I am so glad that I have something tangible to hold on to. Do you ever feel like sometimes you are just going through life, not looking forward to anything or excited about much, but just going...well, I would feel like that if I didn't have the show.
I hate to get on my blog and be negative. It usually bores people, or just turns them off to you because they feel you are trying to have a pity party. But, honestly, I don't care. I feel like everyone around me is living a lie. Myself included. We are aimlessly walking around looking for something importan, or safe or secure, when it is all going to turn to ash in the end. All we have is Christ and we neglect Him over, and over, and over. We spit in his face. We buy into this lie about what is going to make us happy. We see other people living the lie too, so we think its ok. Makes me sick. I am sick, in fact. Got a headache. We don't follow our hearts, we don't live life to the fullest, we just play it safe. "Got my house, career, car, kids. I'm good" Spit on that.
I graduate in three months and as soon as I do, I'm going to grab one of these things in the picture I'm going to start really living; Living for Him, following my heart and shaking my head at the fools who don't and want to play it safe instead.

6 comments:

Amie said...

All I can really say is that I agree, full-heartedly, and I'm too gulity of all of the above...

martha said...

Hey AJ hope your are feeling better and Tim and I look forward to your show on Saturday night. Remember "The lord does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart" (I Samuel 16:7)Too many people go around today pretending, acting one way, yet on the inside, they're thinking something totally different. Their heart and their actions don't line up. We can fool a lot of people but we can't fool God. God would rather us be open and honest than for us to go through life pretending or wearing masks. As with most humans this is tough to do including myself.

Anonymous said...

I think we all look forward to seeing on you Saturday. I know you have worked hard and put alot of heart in this. You are so right and we are all guilty from time to time with what your are saying. But for you I know this is a lot deeper than what appears on our screen and that is what is so amazing about watching you grow into the person you have become. This isn't a pity party in any way, this is a guy who is looking at life a little differently, due to his own personal experiences and wants to share that with others.

Anonymous said...

Its great to see that you have your head on straight. Its amazing to me sometimes how people have lived life for 'x' number of years and haven't gone anywhere - but you're still young and you realize who you are and who you are nt. You know how you should be living and you strive every day to achieve it. Press on AJ - press on.

Anonymous said...

you are graduating in 3 months??!! what!
you should move to chicago

Anonymous said...

Its great to see that you have your head on straight. Its amazing to me sometimes how people have lived life for 'x' number of years and haven't gone anywhere - but you're still young and you realize who you are and who you are nt. You know how you should be living and you strive every day to achieve it. Press on AJ - press on.