1/31/08

Poems Part One

For the next couple of days I am going to post some poems that I have written. They reflect my deep and unending love for my best friend Alyssa Anderegg, regardless of what she feels for me. I hope that they will do a good job of displaying how I feel. Enjoy.

She is the Sun

She is the sun and I am the moon
Our faces never meeting.
For there is something larger than I
That interrupt our being.

She shines her beauty and brings new life
While I illuminate the night.
But my power comes only from her
And my yearning for her might.

I desire to be near her so
That it causes me to hide.
I disapear night by night
As I am molded by the tide.

But sometimes on a peculiar day
She allows my presence with her.
And people have to stop and stare
At the rarity of us together.

But soon that time will fade
And over again we will start.
For she is the sun and I am the moon
And we are meant to be apart.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Who knew!