8/6/07

My New Apartment

So I don't have a cool picture to post with this so you will just have to be entertained purely by reading. Today is the day that I moved into my new apartment and I have to admit that it is consuming almost all of my thoughts. Not that I didn't absolutlely enjoy my previous three years on campus at CBU, but there is something liberating about moving into a place of your own. There comes a with it not only a certain freedom, but a responsiblity that you have something of your own, something to take car of. I can speak for all men by saying that that is a good feeling to have. It can be a two-edged sword, however, and I hope that I can wield it appropriately. We don't have much furniture yet but I have spent most of the day on ikea.com and I have decided that I will make a pilgrimage out to Costa Mesa tomorrow. :) I hope you all don't think I am going "metro" because of my obsession with the decorating process.
A gi-normous thank you, thank you, thank you to my mom, Shelly Marx, for everything that she has done to help this process go ever so smoothly. Thank you so much mom, I love you.
Anyways, I am going to begin my process of living on my own...well, with my roommate Daniel who I am so thankful to have, WE are going to begin this process with optimism but also with a sense of skepticism. With this great freedom will come many traps and pitfalls and I can only pray that God will be the head of our house-hold and guide our actions and thoughts.
I am going home now to begin putting everything together. Hopefully, in time for small group tomorrow so it won't look like a tornado just touched down.
A song that has been playing in my car repeatedly is Keith's Urban's,(very old song) "Out on my own." The title is about the only part of the song that fits but it is still a good song. Check it out on iTunes or Limewire or whatever...

1 comment:

RobinDayle said...

I wanna see the new place!
Invite me over for dinner soon? ;-)