6/7/08

last night

Last night was pretty amazing.

I got to see Lady Antebellum, Miranda Lambert, Carrie Underwood, Jack Ingram, Faith Hill, Josh Turner and, best of all, Keith Urban from backstage. We did the back-line for Miranda and Jack and a few things for Faith like keyboards so I had to do some work, but I had plenty of time to sit and watch as well. I purposefully went over to the other side of the stage where Keith came out just so I could stand next to him...:) Lame, I know, but since being here I have met and been around more famous people than all of my whole life and I have to say, I only felt star-struck around Keith.
His show did not disappoint either. I have seen him five times and he gets better with every show. He is so talented that it makes me want to give up music all together sometimes. Haha.
Anyways, after getting paid for being there and having Keith end up behind me in his Bentley on the way home, I thought it was a pretty cool night.

More about Soundcheck.
As I mentioned before, I did get the job at Soundcheck but they won't need me back for a month or two so I will have time to come home and hang out with family and friends before I have to come back.
Honestly though, I really don't want to leave. Just being here has reaffirmed the fact that this is where I need to be. Looking back, seeing how God orchestrated the events in my life so that I could pursue this right it is very evident that I need to be here. I have met so many people already and have been so inspired with my music that I want to get to work immediately. Once again, however, I must be patient with God and his timing and if I have to wait another month to be here, I will.

Here are a few pics from the night.
The one on the bottom is of some of the folks that I work with.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

After everything that has been said and you have done it amazes me how "YOU" still speak of the Lord!!!

Anonymous said...

I am very happy and proud of you AJ! Please seek the Lord with all you do, He will never lead you astray! He has plans for you that you can't fathom! Don't settle just because this is fun for you, I know it has been a dream of yours but still seek God to see maybe he has bigger plans for you that you never would have thought? God is the only thing that should matter even though famous people (especially country stars) are awesome God is most high! Once again I am proud of you, keep working hard but keep working hard on what really matters most your relationship with Christ!